Read our article for an overview on how to monitor a domain for expiration
What is Domain Expiry Monitor?
Domain expiry monitor is a primary monitor in Pinger Man that allows you to monitor an internet domain and get notifications via email, Slack, and SMS before they expire.
Adding a WHOIS Monitor
- Goto the Monitors Area by selecting it from the left sidebar
- Click on the Add Monitor button to get to the Add Monitor screen
- Select WHOIS as the Monitor Type
- Specify the monitor parameters such as Domain and Alert Days
- Let the Interval be 24 hours
- Give the monitor a Name
- Click on Add
We support Bulk importing of WHOIS monitors.
A WHOIS Monitor takes the following parameters:-
- Domain: The name of the domain to monitor
- Alert Days: How many days before the expiry of the domain the alert is to be sent
- Name: The unique name for the monitor to identify it
WHOIS monitors are one of our cheaper low frequency monitors and run at a fixed rate of once every 24 hours.
Other Pinger Man monitors can have a configurable interval starting from a frequency of 10 seconds for the Business plan.