Pinger Man can integrate with Slack and send messages to a Channel/User when a downtime or uptime event happens.
Configuring Slack Integration
You must create a contact of type Slack and then select this contact in the alerts section of your monitor.
Pinger Man needs a Slack App to send you notifications on Slack. Follow these steps to create a Slack app and setup the Webhook URL.
- Goto Slack Apps
- Click on Create New App
- Choose From Scratch
- Give the App a name such as Pinger Man
- Select the Workspace you want to receive messages in
- Click on Create App
- Under the Add features and functionality section, click on Incoming Webhooks
- Enable the feature by clicking on the switch
- Scroll down to the Webhook URLs for Your Workspace section and click on Add New Webhook to Workspace
- Select the Channel/User you want to receive the downtime notifications on
- Click on Allow
- Scroll down to the Webhook URLs for Your Workspace section and copy the Webhook URL
- Enter this URL into the Slack Webhook URL field